Saturday, October 14, 2006

Harmonograph (I have told you, how beautiful physics are.)

Harmonograph is a tool that used to create a beautiful pattern. The principle behide this tool is simple harmonic motion.

In this applet, you can change 8 parameters. By changing these 8 parameters, you can create a lot of beautiful patterns. Don't forget to show me your works.



Click at the image to view the applet.
If your screen is too small to view full size click here -_-
You can see the real harmonograph at this site.

This is not the most beautiful picture. You can see all of my experiments at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/coolphysica/sets/72157594327542159/

If you want source code, I can post for you. Just tell me (as a comment).

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome. Great Job.

physica said...

Thank you very much, Adrian.
I will improve my flash skill, and create another flash applications.

Kiernan said...

I like this very much. I am doing a masters in Interactive Media at University of Limerick in Ireland. A requirement of one of our courses is to create a website. I would like to use your harmonograph code on one of the pages. Can you send me the code? I will give you a credit and link, of course. Thank you for the fine work. email: kiernan at vodafone.ie

physica said...

Hi Kiernan,

Thank you for your interesting. I have send the code to you via e-mail.

Cheers

Bill Andersen said...

I am very slow to find this but I would like to take you up on your offer to share your source code, if you would be so kind.

bill@ripple.ca

Tim Burnett said...

Hi Physica,
currently working on my masters of design and researching how sound has influenced what we see and how we learn. Would love to play with the harmonograph code if possible to see if I can work with an interactive project I'm planning.
Kind Regards,
Tim Burnett

Guilherme Lemmi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Guilherme Lemmi said...

Hi,
first of all, congratulations for your blog, I think it is very cool! I'm working on a project to create an educational CD-ROM about geometry and natural patterns, and I would like to include an harmonograph simulator in this cd, so that kids can have some fun while learning stuff... I know that this post is really old, but I would appreciate if you could send me the source code for this simulator.... I'm not intending to use it as is, I just would like to take a peek in the code for reference, so I can rewrite it for flash cs5/as3. thank you!